YOU! YES YOU! READING THIS! Do you like ImagineMC and want to help it keep running? Then I’ve got an opportunity for you!
I’ve been the sole owner and operator for ImagineMC for over six years. However over this time I’ve become tired of Minecraft, and the endless updating and fixing involved, not to say anything of how much money I’ve poured into it. I’m not definitively saying I’m quitting Minecraft forever, but that I do not wish to carry the burden of the server any longer. (I’ve done a great job of selling it so far haven’t I?) That being said, running it has been very rewarding, and allowed me to meet many great people I wouldn’t have otherwise.
Here’s where you come in
I know the server means a lot to a lot of people, and I’m no longer opposed to someone else taking over. SO. You have the opportunity to host the server! What this means is:
- You get to work with the fantastic ImagineMC build team
- You/your team would be responsible for maintaining, updating, and running the server, including hosting
- You would get to keep using the ImagineMC.org domain FOR FREE
- You receive all the server files, including worlds and plugins
- You could add survival, creative, or skyblock
I know this is a lot to ask. The new host would have to choose a hosting solution, work with the files, and pay for applicable hosting expenses (except for the domain, which I’ll provide). In return, I’ll do my best to help get everything off the ground, but beyond that your free to do whatever you want, so long as your not going through and deleting everything in mass.
I will provide hosting until March
IF YOUR INTERESTED PLEASE POST A MESSAGE ON THE DISCORD!
Its been two months since my last post here? Whoops. So, I guess I’ll tell ya what’s been going on. First, I got a new car (mom’s idea surprisingly enough), the 2020 Kia Niro Hybrid. I have designated it the Encom Transit (Encom is the fictional company that created TRON).
Unfortunately, literally a day after receiving it, the check engine light came on. It took the dealership nearly a week to fix it, largely due to incompetence. It would seem the issue is due to the flap system located in the hood not being happy with the car’s firmware. When I went to pickup the car, the light came on again in less than a minute. Now that I’m back in Tampa, the light has returned twice (It turned off once on its own).
I also created a display case for the 3D printed MOSI using a case designed for a golf-ball and scorecard. I cut off the edge of one side of the black plastic so it would sit flat(ter), and tapped some black paper over the hole in the case.
I also just moved into my apartment for the next year, so I’ve spent a lot of time setting it up to be nice, and classes have started today. Also, for bonus points, I’ve fixed some backend issues with the website I was experiencing.
So, in the wake of the continued loveliness, I thought I’d make a list of GOOD NEWS:
This most contains my opinions that may offend someone. Oh no!
- the HIVE server has been very stable after the re-launch
- the HIVE survived its first DDOS, and continued brute force attacks
- The Holy Land Experience (a “themepark” near universal that was surrounded in controversy and had daily crucifixions, minigolf, Jesus walk around actor, etc) has shut down permanently.
- Great data is being generated for psychological effects of telling people to not do anything for an extended period of time
- As well as better data about the effect humans have on the environment
- Not having to water plants due to the larger amount of rain (in Florida anyway)
- Our president continues showing how unfit for the job he is
- Getting to see family more often (good and bad)
- Club House Games and Animal Crossing released
- Increase in digital freebees
- Increased rate of repair/renovations due to things being closed
- Stuff that has re-opened generally isn’t as busy as before
- People washing hands more often (next week we will focus on colors and letters)
- More people visiting my website, Minecraft server, etc
Look for the good in everything
Look for the people who will set your soul free
It always seems impossible until it’s done
Look for the good in everyone
Look For The Good by Jason Mraz
People done gone crazy, people done gone mad
People done forgot the superpowers we all have
We were born to love, not hate
We can decide our fate
And look for the good in everyone
And celebrate all our mistakes
If there’s a silver lining (silver lining)
You still have to find it, find it, find it
So, a lot has changed since my last blog post. As a result of the current “unpleasantness”, I’m now living at my mother’s house and we are having a competition to see who can be louder while the other is sleeping. Seems to be a tie at the moment. Also, the staff and I have had more time to work on stuff, and we have opened 5 new attractions in less than a month, with 3 more in the works. We have also seen more players visiting and returning, and have reached 8 players without any lag!
Also, I’ve been doing a lot in the background, with major help from Ranni and the themepark team, I’ve been working on what I call ImagineMC 3.0. This is web integration and communication from the server to the websites. Already we have the new OpenAudioMC system, which uses 149+ audio files, and the themepark system, which handles ride photos, lights, gates, counters, and lets us control rides online. In the future, ImagineMC.org will be a new companion site to the server, offering ride listing and status, server map, and more useful features.
Since I compiled the achievements in April of 2019, I figured that I’d compile them again, a year later. For bonus points I even put them into an excel spreadsheet and made a graph!
A few things to note. Atlantis was reset, so I decided not to include it because it would be lower than expected. Also I think something was wrong with the castle achievement since somehow it went down?
Pessimistics may see the overall decline of increase as a sign of slower server growth, however that would be inncorrect. Achievements can only be given once, so when they were first introduced both regular and new players were receiving them, VS only new players getting them now. Instead a better comparision would be to compare new rides. In 2018, Myan Mind bender opened and received 65 unique riders. In 2019 smiler opened and got 78 unique riders, meaning the server is either growing or holding steady.
Also, here’s a teaser for Revenge of the Mummy.